From the article: Police Harassment and Skateboarding
Unfortunately, skateboarders tend to have a lot of run-ins with cops. Something about the skate punk culture, something about how dangerous skateboarding is, and something about how a lot of cops are drunk with power ... it all combines to many skaters having sad cop stories to tell. Here's an article on How to Deal with Police Harassment, but bad police experiences with skateboarders still happen. It's just the world we live in. Share your story here, and read about what other skaters have had happen to them. Share Your Stories
skating in the shopping centre
- I was at the shopping centre trying to find some new wheels for my deck and a security came over and said i was stealing so i started running away he called me a cockhead and started chasing me i didn't even get outside and the police started chasing me so i called one of my mates and him and his girlfriend met up with me and brought me my skateboard so i ran and jumped on it police kept chasing me and then a cop car started chasing me so i started jumping fences i jumped the last fence threw my deck over first and a cop drove up and ran over my skateboard i didn't have time to run away before he grabbed me and threw me in the police car when i was in he threw my broken deck at me and i got a black eye.
- —Guest tom and jerry
- me and my bros were skating on my street in my neiberhood an this cop tells us to f off we say no you f***er he takes my lit it on fire and gives it back
- —Guest sk8allday
Police harrasment/ Santa Clara, CA
- I was pulled over again, tonight ,Thursday. After finally getting my car back from impound for two weeks .Due to assement fee of three hundred dollars.Believe this: they do what they want when they want our laws dont seem to apply to them. This event has cost me ove $3300, to date . how can I stop this travisty of jusice? Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Don
- —Guest Don perruquet
- A cop came in my house after my brother called the cops on me for smoking pot I told the cop to leave and said no ur brother is letting me stay in here and he had no rights so he couldn't do anything but then he turned me around and put me in hand cuffs and pulled me out side do u know how that felt..i called my nearest lawyer and after a nervouse break down of being to scared to go confess I talked to him again and he ignored me is someone out there right now who can read this and help me my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- —Guest Dat tran
- one day me and my friends where skating and all of a sudden they come up and take away our boards and start throwing it at us and they are hitting us its all like what did we do wrong like we where just skating they made us pay the fine right away we had to pay 120 dollars that crazy we were not doing anything wrong they also snapped all of our boards then we had to wait for a third cop just because of the fine at first this cop was yellin at us and all that but then i know why he use tio skate and he let us off with only paying 60 dollars all skaters arent bad i have good grades never drank never smoked or did drugs i am a nice girl and when people hear skater they think of the worst people that come into their minds
- —Guest michelle
Some bad ass wannabe cop
- So me and my best friend Davis were skatin to my gfs house. Davis films me doin a nollie bigspin over a 4 step and tre flip over a gap. So while we was filmin this fat ass cop pushes me of my board and punches Davis who dropped his iPhone 3GS and cracks it. Then this cop starts cussin at us 4 skating and starts yelling at me for askin him what the hell we did.(same cop that yelled at me and my gf for kissing outside school). Then Davis and the cop go at it cussin and shit and starts pushin us around for our boards. Then when I told him I ain't givin u shit he pushes me. And that's when Davis punched him in the back of his head and starts swingin at the cop just to save my back and that's when me and Davis grabbed our boards and ran. The cop tried to chase us but tripped over a rock. By the way this was our high school campus cop,lol.
- —Guest Blkskater1025
- nope none of this works. you forget the sarge, lt ,cpt chief all are cops and they protect thier own. the mayor is a joke he is afraid of lawsuits against the town. the state police ? i tried that. they just hang up on you. you got to have lots of money with a great lawyer. a parent that owns a media corp. a judges kid or friends in the fbi. otherwise forget it
- —Guest guest
- a random lady yells at me for skating and she says give me your name dont under anything circumstances give your name there just trying to report you dont do it
- —Guest skater
- A cop came and tackled me for skateblarding I was outraged I hadn't done anything I deleted the cop and he was later fired and put on trial
- —Guest alex
I was minding my own business
- Long boarding down the street, turned around and saw that there was a car coming up behind me, I was going kind of quick and i didn't have room to slide, So i had to go a little ways down the street and turn into a parking lot. In that parking lot, there was a cop. He gets out and starts yelling at me about how he was going to take my board and how i can't do that, and how i was purposely staying in that guys way. Which I wasn't, but the way i see it, the speed limit was 25, there was no minimum speed, I have just as much right to be on the road as a biker or a car So even if i was, what's reason is he going to give for taking my board? I was very polite about it and told him i didn't realize he was behind me until he was right behind me, but he wouldn't listen. Does he legally have the right to take my board or fine me?
- —Guest fuckthapoelice
police calling children names
- coventry police west midlands ,at the weekend a taxi driver was rude to my 11 yr old son at the rd side he responded with a rude hand gesture which he shouldnt of done,a police van saw this and shouted to my son oi fat boy and opened the back of the van and were going to put him in with an adult male in there already in custody the only reason they didnt was they had to rush off after a stolen car,my son was distraught,upset and crying when he got home all this wittnessed by my nephew.my sons never been in trouble before.i complained to the inspector at coventry central accompanied by my father who wittnessed the inspector say it was a bit of humour,my son has just moved school for being bullied about his weight.this is police discrimination and bullying to a minor.i was disgusted to find out the 3 officers were holbrooks local police these officers need reprimanding and i want the public to know what coventry police have done to my boy
- —Guest just me
Mentally Ill Cops
- Police seem like they have mental illness problems it is quite worrying. I was taken in for DUI and the cop was acting all crazy typing on his computer like a maniac
- —Guest Anonymous
what works for me
- i've been harrassed by the police for years what bothers me is how they seem to feel entitled to do things as long as they can get you to agree to something they other wise could not .such as when being a passenger in a car being pulled over.as long as the driver has a valid liscence and insurance and the passengers have their seat belts on there is no reason for the police to question the passengers who are not required to respond to any of their questions,such as can i see your id ,just say no!.but be ready for the next question which will be do you have id,your answer shuold be yes i have id it would be ileagle not to have id,i'm not showing it because i have done nothing wrong.i have used this personally for years and it worded every time wether they liked it or not it's the law!
- —Guest michael freitas
worst cop story
- so this was back in 09 and me and a group of friends were skating down to this local spot. when you get there you have to go through a parking lot next to a nice office. so me and my friends were walking and then my friend Kevin sees a car with the keys in the ignition, so he gets in the car and drives around in it. a couple minutes later the police show up and takes him to the police station and the other cops drive us all home.
- —Guest isaacyo
what just happen
- so me and my friends were skating , just cruising around , than a cop comes and my board slides from under my feet and go directly towards him and he just jumps on it and flat out does a variel ! right away i was yelled what are you doing man ? he just yelled back rent and my kid man , i respectly grabed my board and walked off the school grounds. then a month later we go back and this time it was just me , the cop guy was there but he had a board and everything ! no uniform no badge no cop car ! i was happy to see a cop breaking the law ,lol! i guess there are some cool cops in the world....
- —Guest dylan
1-15 of 47Next