From the article: How should I act at skateparks?
Skateparks are built for fun, but cramming that many skaters into a concrete bowl is asking for trouble. From tempers flaring to collisions, to having to share the park with bikers or, worse, rollerbladers ... everyone’s got a story. What’s the worst behavior you’ve seen at a skatepark? Share Your Stories
- Okay, so get this there is a skatepark near my city and I go everyday. Well, i'm a girl and I'm just a beginner. So I was dropping in and this kid was standing in the middle of the park, I was going so fast I couldn't stop myself and BOOM! I hit the kids skateboard and fly face first. It hurt like hell, the kid told me to watch where I'm going, he didnt even ask me if I was okay or anything. So, I flipped the kid off and did a nollie 360 right in front of him. He got up and left the skatepark.
- —Guest Adriana
- K so this kid on a toy bike was riding and someone pushed him over and started cussing at him and then I felt kinda bad Cruz the biker was like 4
- —Guest guest
- So i wqs at the skate park with my friends (1 guy 2 girls) and so while we wer riding some scooter guy pushed the girl on the floor and he told her to get the hell away bitch so me ad my guy friend got pissed and told him to stp off so he sicked my guy friend in the face and i jabbed the scooter fool in da face wit my skateboard lol
- —Guest rotwiller
new at skate
- ok, well then im a 15 year old girl and i recently got a skateboard, i have two cousins that could also skateboard and they always hang out with their large group of friends and skate when it starts getting dark. well the first day i used my skateboard i was out in the street when out of no where they all came out and see me skating, well i try to ollie but i noticed they all laughed at me and spent like 10 minutes staring at me and laughing whenever i tried anything so i went back inside, what pissed me off the most is that the ones who laughed the most are my two cousins! way to stick up for your family!
- —Guest ?
Idiot Scooter Kid
- i was at the skatepark, and these little scooter kids were sitting in a bowl... doing nothing. like just sitting there. on the transition. i wanted to drop in and run them over.
- —Guest the awkward kid in the back of the class
- Basicly scooter have trashed our local park, there is lots of stupid graffiti (names and that) which look ugly, they have trashed out jump box and are too cocky for their shoes, sitting on quarters on a busy day, hogging parts of our small park to them self, snaking, cutting and waxing copings for no reason since they never even use them quarters. One day I will not stop my bike and run into them maggots, maybe do a fly out kidwhip...
- —Guest Deeman
I couldnt stop laughing
- So me and my younger brother were at a skatepark and this little punk scooter kid starts saying stuff to my brother being the immature kid that he is, but my brother just brushes it off. So this kid drops in on the bowl and rides up to the top and SLAMS his face on the coping and falls down the quarter pipe it was the funniest thing i have ever witnessed (:
- —Guest Emma
Teenagers all over the place
- So u wAs at rooty hill skatepark and teenagers were all over the place so I said if you could give the beginners a chance to ride they said no. So I took the beginners and taught them how to bar spin then the teenagers challenged me a game of scoot after that the teenagers left all upset and 1 of them throwed his mates scooter the floor and broke is forks.
- —Guest Scooter need
water fight !
- at sk8 park & kid is dumpin water on people. turns park into slipery ice its the 2nd day of that so my budy launches his bike at m . both r wrong i think but i im not a sk8 park guy so i dunno
- —Guest nb
GIRLS CAN SKATE TOO!!!
- So, I'm a girl! And I skate, whatever that doesn't change much! I have only been skating for like 6 months now, but i can your basic ollie, just fine. So I went to the skate park, and not thinking about the people there I just skate in and like 8 guys walk over, and say because I'm girl I have to leave! I replied with "It's a park anyone can skate here" but they told me that watching didn't count! And I asked them to show me what I had to do to stay and they said "kickflip" and started laughing, but when I landed it the all grabbed there boards and bmxs and left!!!
- —Guest skater girl
- Ok so I was at camp and they had a skatepark there so I go get my board from my cabin and I got there and registered and everything. So then I just was kinda getting warmed up you know like doing the quarter pipe and 180s and sOme guy about 15 yearz old walks up to me and said hey lil girl (cuz I'm only 12) you ain't gonna skate here. So I was all like I have just as much right as you do!! And he said no girls allowed here unless I know them. So I just gave up and went to the one on the other side of the campus. And it ends up he follows me there and tells me the same thing so I finally just told him to f**k off I wasn't just some kid he could just push around. And after that he spit his gum on me and left. But I got my way so I was fine wif it.
- —Guest New Skater
- Okay, so I'm about to drop in on a smallish ramp (I've recently started skating). I drop in and as I'm mid ramp, this scooter kid comes from around a bend and crashes straight into me. Obviously he blames me and goes berserk about a sticker that was on the front of his scooter that got peeled off slightly. I say sorry and try to explain that I was mid-dropping in (even though its not my fault) and he starts cussing and swearing, saying he will "get his dad on me". Lil' bitch was only like 10 so I just let it be and ignored his taunts...
- —Guest BeginnerSkater
- I just went to Route-One (Uk Skate Shop) and got myself a new Element Deck because mine was on it's last legs, broke on the way to the shop, and took it down Southampton park to give it it's first try out, had a nice little session on the mini ramp, no worries, there where scooters but they where polite at the time, then went over to the street skate bit, and about 8 of us waiting for our turn, 3 scooters come over, run up the ramp, drop straight in and push the skater off balence, hitting his head on the spine, needless to say, they got a bored to the head on their way up by some kid, we all cheered
- —Guest George B
Wish I did better
- So the other day i went to a local skate park it wasn't really big like at all and it had no bowls only ramps and stuff but i see skaters there all the time. So andyway i have never skated before but one of my friends said i should try so i went to the skate park with her (im a gurl too) but only sk8ted around in the car park because i knew i sucked and this guy on a bmx comes up to me and tells me to f off. For no reason. I mean i know i suck and i didn't boast or anything. I was wearing a snap back n skinny jeans and a singlet top but im not a poser i REALLY want to learn how to skate but that bloke really put me off D:
- —Guest whimp :(
- I just went to the skate park for the first time ever(3rd Lair in Golden Valley~ great park), and I admit I am a COMPLETE NOOB, but still, I have every right to be there. So, I was trying to work up the courage to drop-in on this ramp when this kid whizzes past me at like 20 mph, and shouts "MOVE!" I had already felt awkward cause I'm a 13 year old girl who is just learning, but that actually made me mad! I wasn't even close to him.
- —Guest Cynthia of mpls, MN
1-15 of 65Next