From the article: What Skateboarding Is All About
What is Skateboarding all about to you? Skateboarding means something different to just about everybody. Think about it - you could mean riding a vert ramp, technical tricks in the driveway, riding a longboard across campus, bombing a hill with deep curves, slalom, skate park or anything else you like doing on a board with wheels nailed to the bottom. Then there are the deeper meanings that skateboarding can take - freedom, creativity, destruction... So what does skateboarding mean to you? Why do you skate? To you, what IS skateboarding all about? Share Your Reason?
- its everything to me skating is a reflextion of who u are. when im pissed of or something i just let it rip and a ll my problems jsut dissapear it realeves me of all the pain and anger.
- —Guest blabla120
Skateboarding is life
- I dont know what i'd do without it, id be so depressed, i love it so much, when you land a new trick and you just get the best feelng in the world, i couldnt imagine looking at skateboarding from an outsiders point of view because they dont and never will know what its like to skate, its made me who i am, i am me when im on my board whether at skatepark, skating the city, anywhere, when i arent skating, im not the same person, its all i think about and i wanna skate for the rest of my life and nothing could ever change that.
- —Guest Skaterforlife
- Skateboarding is not just riding a board for me. it's about how do i express myself. I am who i am when i'm skateboarding.
- —Guest Watson "skater"
Why i Skate.
- Skateboarding isn’t just a sport to me; it’s a way of life. It’s an obsession of everlasting thrills and fun. It’s the only thing I can do that makes me happy, gives me a sense of emotional escape/freedom. I’ll always be a skateboarder till the day I’m not on the face of this planet. At the end of the day I'm glad to say I'm a skateboarder.
- —Guest Anthony
Skateboarding = Life
- Skateboarding saved me. If it werent for skateboarding i would be worse off. Theres just something, a particular character that skaters have. It's the ability to stand up after many, many slams and then get up and try it, no matter how painful. It's the danger versus the triumph. To me, it's about freedom and expression. Theres no rules to dictate how and by what means that i skate. It's a way to cool down, its a way to relax. The focus i have while i ride is an almost meditative state. I love skateboarding and i'll never stop.
- —Guest P.Haze
- see my thoughts on skateboarding are simple i skate 2 have fun, skate 2 have a sense of freedom and just being me. i love skateboarding its a hobby keeps me out of trouble and im really good at it.
- —Guest Strattuss
- its all about to me braking free of all my problems and taking my board and going for a skate. it calms me down and makes me feel relaxed
- —Guest alex
What's Skateboarding All About...
- for me sk8 is like a door to the world that only I am able to see and understand, it's like a sparkle that light my soul up, I am me when I'm on the board, I'm a part of the wind, I'm free,and dont care what everybody says I don't care what it all looks like because I am happy; Skateboarding is......
- —Guest cristian
Escape from reality
- For me, skateboarding is an escape from reality, it takes away the stress and anger from my daily life. For me it's all about good times with friends where we push eachother and stoke eachother up, skateboarding is a passion, lifestyle and a religion where you can do whatever you want without beeing judged about it, just the feeling of stepping on the board cruising down the street on a hot summer day with you headphones on, it's something magical about it. There's nothing like cruising around town with a bunch of friends hitting a bunch of different spots, eating junkfood and making good memories that will last forever. To me skateboarding is life and it always has been. I'm a 17 year old skateboarder from norway and my life wouldn't be the same without skateboarding
- —Guest shorty
- skateboarding is my way of expression and being creative, i make tricks my own by tweaking them and it takes away a lot of anger and pain and i dont think about anything else. unless i hurt myself doing something...lol
- —Guest moose
- To me its my relief from everything. Its a sport that i dont have to worry about other things. I can take the extreme and thrill of the sport as a cruzier. IIts like my top favorite thing to do. I'm not the most happy after skateboarding.
- —Guest MISFiT
Skateboarding to me.
- Skateboarding to me is the thing I live for, I exist to skate. Why I skate, I skate because it is the only sport with literally no rules. It's the complete freedom to do what you want and how you want to. It's that feeling of, this is sport, but my way. So I live for it
- —Guest Jay
U r who u r
- I'm one of those skaters who dresses like Wade Desarmo so I hate the once who juge befor they know someone and skateboarding is a part of who U r and U make of it what U want and it means what U want it to mean
- —Guest I am who I am
- Skateboarding is LIFE. skateboarding saved me from destroying myself by various means. And it has taught me many things, it made me who i am, and what i am to be. It shaped me like no person, environment, or childhood could. The days i spent riding have and still are progressing to be the best days of my life. I will forever remember, my days on my wheels and the many apon many people I have met and still have yet too meet while im rollin'. Skateboarding thank you
- —Guest Joseph viramontes
skate to escape
- Skateboarding for me is to escape my problem. Its my one and only drug a drug I can't live without as long as I have a skateboard under me my life is complete. :)
- —Guest undeadskater
1-15 of 40Next