blankdecks.com ultra steep 8.0
This company has really good hard decks at great prices, not the cheap blanks like many, you can tell they are hard wood when you tighten the screws and need a fair amount of pressure for the screws to pull in. This place sells the decks at great prices, I buy them by the 10 pack at the bulk rate. I tried many styles, the "Ultra steep" has mad pop and is really awesome, the "blanks that got pop" are really good too. with freight works out to $22 a deck
Wheels, Trucks, Bearings, etc
56mm x 37mm 101a mini logo wheels - Independent low trucks -Swiss 6 bearings.
Street skating, park and contests is mostly what we skate
* I kept adding a mm or so to wheel size over the last couple years to eventually end up with a 56mm, the bigger the wheels the faster the board, hence the faster the skater, and faster skaters are as a rule of thumb better.
* Blank wheels are not as wide, making them less stable when landing flip tricks, so I use mini logo - 56 x 37 same Bones
* Swiss 6 bearings are ultra fast, and the best I have run across.
- My son is a very good AM, have tried many combination's.
- I did the same incremental change with board size, as I did with wheels, increasing from 7.5 to eventually 8.0, obviously wider deck is more stable, try many combination and you will find your best preferences