The X Games are the biggest collection of action sports competitions on Earth. The best skaters, bikers (both BMX and Moto X), surfers and rally car racers will compete for gold medals and huge piles of cash. The X Games set the standard for huge action sports competition. Below we have everything you need and want for the X Games - Check it out!
What the X Games are Like
If you are planning on attending the X Games in person, here is what to expect!
Carnival Atmosphere - All around the X Games venue, there will be tents and booths for T-shirts, expensive food, souvenirs, and other action-sports related things. Plus for some things that don't make any sense being there at all (like deodorant ... what are the trying to say?!).
Huge! - Vert ramps are big, and the Mega Ramp is HUGE in person! It's awesome!
Heat - If you aren't used to Southern Cali, be prepared for a lot of hot, and a lot of sun!
Driving - The X Games is at two different locations across LA. Plan on where you want to be, at what time.
Fun! - The X Games are a wild fun experience - enjoy!
The Rules Set for the X Games - ever wonder how the events are scored, or how the whole thing is set up? Sometimes it can be confusing about why one trick wins and another, that looks harder, doesn't!
The History of the X Games - read the story of X begins in 1993 and evolves to the present. This detailed timeline shows how the X Games influenced skateboarding, and how the X Games evolved from a small competition to setting the standard for action sports competitions, and becoming the largest skateboarding competition on the planet.
Looking to find out more about your favorite pro skaters? Check out:
- Pro Skater Bios - profiles and bios of the top X Games Skateboarders
- Pro Skater Interviews - hear what some of the top skateboarders have to say
- Pro Skateboarder Photo Galleries - Some great pictures of some of the best and most popular skateboarders around - Shawn White, Bucky Lasek, Ryan Sheckler and Tony Hawk.
X Games 16 Final Skateboarding Standings
- Skateboard Big Air - Jake Brown won for the second year in a row.
- Women's Skateboard Vert - Gaby Ponce won her first gold in this competition.
- Vert Best Trick - Pierre-Luc Gagnon won with a never-done-before nollie heelflip, big spin indie 540.
- Men's Skateboard Street - Ryan Sheckler battled back and forth throughout the jam session with Nyjah Huston, but came out on top after a near-perfect final run.
- Men's Skateboard Vert - Pierre-Luc Gagnon, who has a total of five X Games gold medals, is the only man to three-peat in Skateboard Vert.
Check out photos from all the skateboarding events. The gallery is huge, over 60 pictures strong, with closeup shots of pro skaters, action shots of street, vert and big air skateboarding, and more. It's all there, from Jake Brown's crash to Shaun White's record breaking gold medal. See the gallery for yourself!
The Asia X Games features Skateboarding, Inline, Sport Climbing and Moto X. Athletes from Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei, Philippines, Chinese Taipei, China, Hong Kong, Japan and international wildcards (including the USA) all compete. Check out these photos of Asia X Games skaters and athletes!
There's not enough space here to list every skateboarding event, so head over to the X Games 15 Final Skateboard Standings to see who won what, and how many points they got along the way. Exciting stuff. Ryan Sheckler didn't win gold this year, and Danny Way let someone else take home the win on the Mega Ramp! Not to mention the excitement of the Skateboard Park Legends contest, won by Mr. Christian Hosoi! check out the final standings list for the rest of the names and points.