The Bottom Line
- Low price
- High quality
- Great for a first set of bearings
- Not the highest quality bearings available - but that's not why you buy them
- Bones Skate Rated™ Design & Quality
- Non-contact, Removable Rubber Shield
- Removable High Speed Nylon Ball Cage
- Easy Cleaning & Relubricating
- Pre-Lubricated with Speed Cream™
Guide Review - Bones REDS Bearings
Made by the same people who make all the Bones Swiss bearings (the best out there), REDS are awesome. Tons of bearing companies out there farmed their production out to China so that they could get cheap, crappy bearings to sell to you at a good price. Bones has a name to protect, however, and they put out the effort to make sure that REDS are high quality, well made bearings. They are still made in China, which is why they are still such a good price. Their quality is close to Bones Swiss - not nearly as good, but close.
So, if you are a new skater, these are the bearings you should try. If you've been a skater for a while and want something reasonably priced, but not cheap crap - try REDS. You won't be disappointed.
For more info, read the Full Review. Also check out reviews of Bones Swiss Ceramics bearings and Bones Swiss Super 6 bearings - these are the high end bearings available from Bones.