The Bottom Line
- They have SpongeBob SquarePants on the bottom, and kids love him!
- Made in China
- Board made of 9 ply Chinese maple
- Wheels are made of PVC instead of urethane
- Bearings are cheap 608 bearings not designed for skateboarding
- Trucks are made from an aluminum alloy
- Made in China
- 9 ply China maple board
- Aluminum alloy composite trucks
- The box describes the bearings as "608zb" - that's not a selling point. These are junk
- Wheels are "100% PVC injection molded"
- Available at Toys R Us, and other mass retailers who don't care if your kid has a good skateboarding experience
Guide Review - SpongeBob SquarePants Complete Skateboard Review
Please don't buy this board, or anything made by Bravo Sports. If you want your kid to have a good skateboarding experience, then get them a better board than this. At least give them a chance. Take a look at this list of the best cheap skateboards to get some ideas of ways to save money, without buying junk.
I know some of you parents out there are wondering how then do you know if the skateboard you are looking at is a good one or not? It's a good question, and can be tough - read Are Cheap Skateboards OK to Buy and Ride? for get some guidelines.
What frustrates me here is that this skateboard is packaged to sell - it looks great, and if you don't know skateboarding, you wouldn't know that some of the selling points printed on the packaging are actually evidence of how BAD it is!
If you are reading this, then hopefully that means that you haven't bought one yet. Good. Please don't. Instead, spend a little more money, and buy your kid a skateboard that they can use, and that will give them the best chance to have a good time skateboarding.