The Bottom Line
- Classic re-issue means you can have the cool design without spending hundreds on ebay
- This board actually works great for skating!
- Riding or displaying an Alan Gelfand pro deck shows a love for skating
- Made from 100% American Maple in the USA
- It's a little expensive when compared to other current pro decks - but it's a lot bigger, too!
- Re-Issue of Alan Gelfand pro model classic skateboard deck
- Bold cammo and silver tank graphic
- Length: 30.0"
- Width: 10.0"
- Nose: 3.125"
- Tail: 6.625"
- Wheelbase: 16.0"
Guide Review - Powell Peralta Alan Gelfand Tank Deck Review
The Alan Gelfand Tank re-issue board has the sweet old school style wide design (10 inches wide!), with the flat bullet nose and wide kick tail. While I know that skateboard design has come a long way, and the newer "trick decks" are more versatile, these old school fatty boards can still be a lot of fun to ride. I had to do some scrounging to find trucks that I felt worked well with the board, but really, it all depends on what you want to do. I think boards like this are still great for park riding, and of course you could hit up a pool - that's what Gelfand himself did!
The graphic on this Powell Peralta re-issue skateboard deck typify "classic". Alan Gelfand is an icon in skateboarding (in case you don't know, Alan "Ollie" Gelfand invented the ollie - read about it). The graphic on this deck is a sweet cammo design, with a silver tank and Alan Gelfand's name below it. It's bold, it's fun, it's sick.
But, if you are like me, you won't be as excited about riding this board as you will be about how cool it will look on your wall! With the classic shape, the cool graphic, and Alan Gelfand's name on it, this skateboard deck alone says a ton. It says that you know a thing or two about skate history, that you appreciate the classics, and that you love skateboarding.
Either way - on the wall or riding flow - this re-issue of the Powell Peralta Alan Gelfand Tank deck is a great buy.