The Bottom Line
- Rodrigo Teixeira pro signature model
- Padded neoprene foot sleeve inside shoe holds foot and adds comfort
- Tough leather loop lacing system adds durability and protects laces
- A little heavy and bulky not a real problem, unless you like lightweight skate shoes
- Toe cap is only double stitched on, rather than triple stitched
- Es Pro rider Rodrigo Teixeira signature model
- Action leather upper with integrated mesh panels
- Medium padded tongue with stabilizing straps
- Hidden stash pocket in tongue
- Thickly padded heel collar grips foot extra well
- Thick leather lace loops with metal reinforced holes offer options
- Rubber sleeve extended through upper for protection
- Pull tabs on foot sleeve, tongue and heel help with pulling shoe on
- Wide fit
- Sizes 5 to 14
Guide Review - Es Rodrigo TX Skate Shoe Review
The Rodrigo TXs also have one of my personal favorite features wide set leather lace loops. These do a couple of things. First off, the leather loops help protect your laces when doing ollies and flip tricks. They also tend to last a long time not so long as some shoes with regular lace eyelets that have been reinforced with metal those are pretty tough. However, with those, you usualy end up buring though the laces. The Rodrigo TXs also have metal reinfoced lace holes, so you can choose.
One more special feature that you might not notice at first theres a small stash pouch in the tongue, right where the mesh starts. This can be totally convinuent, for putting cash or anything else thats small and flexible.
The soles are a little odd. They look, at a glance, just like the soles of running shoes, only theyre flat for skating. Theyre even more narrow at the arch. The tread also rolls up onto the toe and heel, which should help out with running and skating both.
Bottom line, these shoes have a pile of cool features that make them definitely something worth looking into. I recommend them.