The Bottom Line
- Strong - Osiris Chino skateboarding shoes are easily the toughest Osiris skate shoes I've reviewed
- Style - Osiris Chino skate shoes have a strong, confident, simple style
- Pro Model - Osiris Chinos are Jerry Hsu's pro model skateboarding shoes
- Not much - except Osiris's trademark flimsy laces. You'll likely have to replace them.
- Suede leather double and triple stitched uppers
- Sticky gum herring bone soles with Osiris symbol in the heel
- Padded tongue with stabilizing tongue straps
- Higher topped ankle cuff adds support, with padding on the sides for comfort
- Jerry Hsu pro skateboarder model skateboarding shoes
- Low padding in the sole - less comfort but stronger board feel and response
- Weak laces balanced by leather lace eyelet reinforcement flaps
- Available in black, white with black ollie stripes, or black and white with red ollie stripes
Guide Review - Osiris Chino Jerry Hsu Pro Model Skateboarding Shoes Review
First off, the Osiris Chino skateboarding shoes are simply built tough. With strong suede leather uppers, double stitched with a triple stitched reinforced toe cap, Chinos are built to take a pounding. But that's not all. Osiris Chino skate shoes also feature extra reinforced lace flaps - I just love these things. Lace them with your laces inside the flaps and they should keep your laces from ripping up when you ollie and to flip tricks. In fact, this almost makes up for the flimsy laces that the Osiris Chinos come with.
When testing these shoes, the first thing I noticed was how flat out comfortable they are. Osiris Chino skateboarding shoes are moderately high topped, with extra padding around the sides of the ankle. This adds support, but also a pile of comfort. Add the padded tongue and flexibility of suede - you ahve some sweet shoes.
And for skating? Osiris Chinos are light and tough, with a great sticky gum sole (that works) and the classic gum wrap around the base that helps grip your board when doing tricks that just use the edge of your foot. Plus, Chinos have subtle ollie grip strips built into the sides.
All of this adds up to seriously great skateboarding shoes. If light, tough and grippy is your style, check out Osiris Chinos.