The Bottom Line
- Comfort - Fallen Troopers are nice and wide, fully padded, and comfy
- Durable - built from strong stuff, well stitched, and extra reinforcement
- Style - These shoes come in some of the sweetest colors I've seen on shoes
- Pro Model - These are Chris Cole's signature Fallen skateboarding shoe
- They don't bring anything new to the table - they just do what's been done, and do it well
- Chris Cole signature model
- Soft and strong action leather upper
- Foam padded tongue and collar, with tongue stabilizer straps
- EVA insole with full length latex and gel heel for impact cushioning
- Sticky gum rubber herring bone sole
- Available in 9 color patterns
Guide Review - Fallen Troopers Skateboarding Shoes Review - Chris Cole Signature Model
So, the question is, did Chris Cole and the Fallen crew do a good job in designing these shoes? Easy answer - yes! They don't do anything really all that new or revolutionary (no weird new foam, metal laces, springs, etc), but they do everything you could really want, and do it all well. They are comfortable and wide (I have wide feet, sorta like flippers, so I personally thank them for that one), with a good amount of padding in the tongue and heel collar. They are strong, with a triple stitched wrap around toe cap that comes up into a nice thick slab of leather, with stitching all over it, that protects the lower laces. A heel panel wraps around and does the same thing to the top two laces, and all the lace holes have metal reinforced eyelets. The sole is the usual sticky gum, with the traditional herring bone tread. in all, a good skateboarding shoe.
The style of the Fallen Trooper is what puts it over the edge into the 5 star category. You can get them in nice, simple single colors, which honestly look good, but you can also get these shoes in some wild patterns: Black and purple, military green, and blood red with a Van Halen pattern of black and white lines on the side panels. That last one is the type that I tested, and I wear them everywhere. Easily the coolest skate shoes I've seen, with easily the most "wow!" comments received!
So, in all, I would say go for it - pick up a pair of Fallen Troopers, and enjoy 'em!