The Bottom Line
- Solid design that’s been tried and proven
- Comfortable - Thick padded tongue and heel collar
- Durable – metal lace eyelets, double stitched, multiple layers of leather
- No special hype or new advances – it's a straight forward skate shoe
- Unprotected laces
- Designed by pro Andrew Reynolds
- Full leather double and triple stitched upper
- Thick padded tongue with elastic stabilizing straps
- Full length polyurethane midsole
- EVA insole with removable arch support
- Metal reinforced lace eyelets
- Zig-zag tread pattern with flex grooves
- 400 NBS stitched gum rubber outsole
- Traditional skate shoe design with simple style
- Sizes 6.5 to 14 for adults, 1 to 6 for youth
Guide Review - Emerica Reynolds 2
The Emerica Reynolds 2s are made with strong leather, and double stitched, with triple stitching in many places. For an extra bonus, the lace eyelets are reinforced with metal – these shoes have everything you need and can take a pounding.
They also look good - they have a simpler style. Reynolds 2s come in several styles, each different and each classy. For all the styles, the Emerica logos on the heel and tongue are stitched in, and the larger side panel Emerica logo is subtle. The shoes don’t yell to the world that you’re a skater, but they work great for skating.
The drawbacks are small. The laces are weak and unprotected near the toes. There’s no rubber from the sole wrapped up on the toe. No special grip on the upper to help with ollies. No heel airbag. These are all great things to have, but in truth you don’t need them. The Reynolds 2 is a simple, strong skateboarding shoe.
The Reynolds 2s are also available in youth sizes – the Tilts are the only other Emerica skate shoe available in kid’s sizes. Usually, only the best shoes get reproduced in youth sizes – they have to work well and last long enough for parents to want to come back and buy Emerica shoes again. It’s a good hint to how good these shoes are.