The top professional skateboarders of 2008, according to World Cup Skateboarding's ranking. Every year, World Cup Skateboarding tracks pointed professional skateboarding events, and pulls together the top skateboarders from all over the world for the X Games. Check out the top skaters for 2008 for the World Street Ranking, World Vert Rankings, World Bowl Rankings, World Girls Rankings, and North American rankings.
2008 Pro Vert Rankings:All the top pro vert skaters for 2008 are from Brazil! I swear this means something ...
- Bob Burnquist wins first, again, but with a narrow lead over second place.
- Sandro Dias took second over all, even though he beat Burnquist by 50 points in the X Games!
- Lincoln Ueda didn't compete in the X Games, which lost him a lot of points in his total - if not for that, he might be holding the number one spot!
2008 Pro World Bowl Rankings:Pro Bowl rankings can be decieving - there are SO many contests, and it's tough to go to them all.
- Even so, Benji Galloway rocked this years' rankings with solid scores in every competition he showed up for!
- Rune Glifberg could have had first, if he could have made it to more contests. Well done Rune!
- Tim Johnson missed the first couple of contests of the year, but showed very strong finishes on the rest of the tour.
2008 Girls Vert Rankings:These rankings come from combining totals for the Soul Bowl, and the X Games.
- Karen Jonz took first - she lost to Mimi in the Soul Bowl, but then won at the X Games.
- Mimi Knoop won the second r4anked spot - but her score is only a hundred points shy of Karen's.
- Cara Beth Burnside is still putting up strong numbers, and I'm stoked that she gets the respect in this list that she deserves.
2008 Girls World Bowl Rankings:A combination of seven bowl contests comes up with these top three women:
- Julie Kindstrand earned 1000 points in EVERY contest. Every one of them. Wow.
- Megan Brown missed the first couple of contests, and still ended up only a few hundred shy of first place!
- Erin Wolfkiel secured the third ranked spot, showing consistent skating in contests all season.
2008 Masters Concrete Bowl Rankings:TEN bowl contests combine for these rankings. This is brutal work, and these guys earned thier rankings:
- Pat Ngoho took first, only missing two of the contests, and rocking the ones he was at.
- Buck Smith landed only 100 points shy of Pat's final score, having actually done better than Pat in the Oregon Trifecta. If he had made one more contest, he would be in first.
- Jason Parkes showed solid consistent skating all season, and landed himself the honored placement of third in this list.