The Bottom Line
- The most pros I've seen in a video (over 35)
- Hard, slamming, real footage of many of the top names in skating
- Short - the video is only 30 minuets long
- For more conservative buyers, you'll want to know there's a lot of cussing and some near nudity
- There's too many pro credits to list here, but here's a few: Bucky Lasek, Colin McKay, Danny Way,
- Peter Sullivan, Rick McCrank, Rob Dyrdek, Ryan Smith, Steve Caballero, Tony Hawk, plus over 20 more!
- Released 2002
- Running time of 30 minuets
Guide Review - Video - Red Dragon
But, the whole thing is only half an hour long! If you get this video cheap, it's a fun one to own. But if you're going to pay full price, you might as well check out something with a little more to it. Fortunately, it's not hard to get this video on sale - Skate One has it on sale as I type this.
Besides the length, the video is very edgy. For some of you, that might be right up your alley. For others, this means you might want to check out something else. The video uses clips of the pros having lots of fun, but it's fun that many moms and dads out there won't like promoting to their kids. On the other hand, this is what these guys are really like. Many pro skaters have tried hard not to be role models, but the truth is, you can't stop it. If you're good at something kids like, they'll want to be like you. So, depending on your perspective, this is something to consider with Red Dragon.
The video has plenty of funny parts, too, and the soundtrack goes all over the place. This is the first skate video that I've heard use Backstreet Boys in the soundtrack. Funny thing is, in Red Dragon, it works!
So there you have it. A good, fast, fun video, but short and full of gravel.