The Bottom Line
- Deep concave (K-12 Hella Concave), which adds strength to the board, letting them make it lighter
- Cool Sublimated graphics with SST™ slide treatment for longer slides
- If you don't like edgy cartoony graphics or deep concave, these aren't the decks for you
- Because the graphics are sublimintated, the edges can look a little blurred in some places
- To keep costs down, Angelboy boards are made in China
- Subliminated Angelboy graphics with SST™ slide treatment, adds length to your slides
- K-12 Hella Concave - a deep concave that adds stiffness to the board
- Thinner, lighter construction made possible by the deep concave, plus a flatter nose and tail
Guide Review - Deck - Angelboy Series
Skateone has a long history of making great skate gear, and Angelboy is a perfect example.
Angelboy decks are made in China, to keep costs down. Angelboy boards are still well built, but not to the same grade as professional level skateboards. For most kids, this is actualy a good idea, in that they don't need pro grade.
Angelboy graphics are Sublimated, with an added SST™ slide treatment that gives the deck longer slides. They also feature a really deep concave - so deep that it adds strength to the board, and lets them make the deck thinner, and lighter.
But beyond quality, you also want your deck to look cool, right? Angelboy decks have great design, all showing a tough little angel dude with an attitude. In an industry where you can find all kinds of raunchy graphics on skate decks, it's great to see graphics that look edgy, but also look fun. On the "Skull Angel" deck, featured in the photo above, you can see the big flaming devil skull - pretty edgy for some people, right? But take a look at Angelboy, skatin' away with a vengeance, leaving the devil in his dust. It's got the edginess, but it's also good with parents and conservative skaters who may not like a lot of what's out there.
So if you're looking for a higher quality deck with cool graphics and a lot of concave, take a look at Angelboy. The larger and wider decks make for great street riding, while the shorter, narrower decks are perfect for flip tricks. Try out an Angelboy deck for your next ride.