The Bottom Line
- By far one of the best ways to learn balance - the Indo Board is incredible
- Also excellent for learning footwork on a board - perfect for any board sport
- Beyond board sports, the skills and training provided by the Indo Board helps almost any sport!
- The VHS tape that comes with the board is fun, but only a little useful. Buy the Walkabout DVD
- 30 inch long board with 6 inch diameter roller.
- The Original Indo is the easiest to learn on of any of the Indo Boards.
- It's fun and easy to learn on - and versatile enough for experienced riders to still use.
- Available in natural wood, or with green, blue or orange spirals.
- Excellent for training for surfing, skateboarding, wakeboarding, snowboarding, skimboarding ...
- Also excellent for helping in any other sport where balance is important - which is most sports!
- Comes with a VHS video with some training - consider buying the "Walkabout" DVD. It's better.
- The Indo Board website is full of info to help you on your way.
- Winner of the prestigious ISPO Innovation Products of 2004!
Guide Review - Original Indo Board Balance Trainer
And that's it - these two parts, combined with your body, create a balancing situation where all three parts have to work together in sinc. This simulates other board sports, such as surfing, where you have to be aware of the moving wave, your moving board, and your own body. The same carries to any sport where balance is key.
When I first hopped on the Original Indo, I was unsure, wobbly, and felt stupid. Of course, I hadn't watched the video that comes with the board yet - I wanted to figure it out alone. After a short time, I was doing all right - in fact, after two hours of riding the board off and on while watching the video, I was shocked at how quickly the whole thing felt natural. It's been a couple of weeks now, and I'm happy with how much I've improved, how much my skating has improved, and how my legs feel like they've been worked.
The Indo Board is perfect for learning balance - it's the best training tool I've seen. It's well worth the investment!