So what is Go Skateboarding Day? It's a day to enjoy everything that is skateboarding! Some skaters will throw parties, some shops and skateparks will have events, and some people will take this opportunity to try skateboarding for the very first time.
If you aren't sure what to do for Go Skateboarding Day, here are some ideas:
- Throw a party! Invite your friends over, watch some skateboarding videos, and get out and skate!
- Go skateboarding with your kids - if you or they don't know how to skate, this is the perfect day to give skateboarding a shot.
- Go skateboarding with your parents - same idea, only this time it's you getting them off the couch! And with it falling on Father's Day this year, this is a PERFECT way to celebrate, especially if your dad is or was a skater!
- Put up Christmas lights, set off fireworks, and sing skateboarding songs to the neighborhood
- Visit your local skateboarding shop, and ask them if they know of anything going on. Hopefully they'll be planning some kind of event, or know of events happening
- Plan some kind of skateboarding event! If there's nothing happening in your town, why not put something together? It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Have a big game of SKATE! Hold your own UN-professional contest at the skatepark! Skate around town in a huge group and give flowers to cops! On second thought, you might just want to avoid the police ...
- If you can't go outside because of a broken leg or the storm of the century is raging through your neighborhood, then sit on your couch all day and play a skateboarding video game with your friends
- Make it a point to Learn a new trick!
- Take a kid skateboarding (could be your little brother, or could be some kid you found on the street)
- Just take a break from whatever you would normally do, and go skate!